Saturday, August 25, 2012

bakery tour '12

This city doesn't sleep and I haven't much either. I am trying to document all we do so I won't forget but we move fast and I'm a bad picture taker so there we go. I am aware I have a lovely Lumix camera but I end up using the phone too much. Oh well.

Night 2 we went to dinner at a place that felt very California cuisine called Barbuto. Can't beat the real thing but I appreciated the experience. My boss is being a doll about letting me see my tourist hot spots, which are basically Sex & the City & other movie/tv filming locations. I don't wanna do Times Square or the usual stuff and as you know, I eat my way through new places. So after Barbuto we went to Magnolia Bakery which does have a Los Angeles store but its plagued with that LA chain store feel and Magnolia here was lovely and quaint and you get to eat it at a little park bench in a lil' urban park that is just classic.
The City Bakery also had a shop in LA and unfortunately closed but this one is a few blocks from our office so we grabbed some goods. The pretzel croissant is something extraordinary.
Third night was Friday and I met up with my buddy Ali and her Besty Betsy. They were going on a road trip so we just had some drinks and me and Frankie carried on 'til 4am.
I really get S&TC now. It's so true to its subjects. Women NEED each other to survive here in a way I fully understand now.

- iPad Post

No comments: