Tuesday, August 21, 2012

i be up in the gym just working on my fitness

Which gym? EvY's Gym. It's a 24hr gym. La Mirada Fitness. It's never crowded but it does have these cats that pretend they want to help with yoga poses but they just plop and get in the way. I suppose I'm posting this to show that in addition to being an office, guest room, salon, and additional living space, the office is also the workout room. And since it's a small space all the gear in it has to be.. small. Mind you, you don't need any of this gear. You can just do a workout video and be fine. But I like gadgets so I have gear.

I have an exercise ball and a jump rope.
A clipboard with the exercise ball workouts. The ball is nice for peeps like me that have back problems, very gentle on the ole body.
I got a yoga mat for my yoga videos that I've had forever (and if I came home to a cute minty yoga mat I saw at Marshalls for $10, I wouldn't mind hint hint husband hint hint).
I use it under the balance board as well.

Weights and a scale to track our progress.
And this woman is going to kick my butt. I've done it twice so far and there is definitely sweat happening. She's hardcore and for stubborn women it's good to have someone even more intense than you trying to get you to work. Miri recommended her, thanks Mir.
And in the ottoman is the gear for the Active game. The leg strap, resistance band, nunchuck, and the pump for the exercise ball. 
Also in our garage there's a few bicycles and a set of golf clubs to remind me to get out and do things but having my own personal gym where only I am subjected to the embarrassment of my jiggly bits is very appealing.

No comments: