Wednesday, August 29, 2012

liz lemon has become more important

Being in New York and working here has made the fact that liz lemon is a popular character a wonderful relief.

I would like to be like Miranda or Carrie or Charlotte, smooth as can be but I am of a different breed. Sure I can slap on some lipstick and a dress but it doesn't cover the girl inside. I felt like relating to someone and couldn't describe this person.

Then I remembered Liz Lemon. A New Yorker and total wonderful nerd and an even more important person to me now. I may look like I know what I'm doing in these hot spots but what I really wanna be doing is a walking tour of all the filming locations for Ghostbusters. Or seeing a grocery store that was in You've Got Mail. Or see some dinosaur skeletons. And spend the evening quoting Arrested Development on the steps of the New York public library.

Liz Lemon was my hero before and I thought I understood her value in popular culture but I had grossly underestimated her. There aren't a lot of characters out there like her for girls like me and thank goodness that she exists. 'Cause while we wouldn't admit it, sometimes after a day of working a job we love, we just want to get into our snuggie and spend the evening watching Barefoot
Contessa, working on our night cheese.

- mobile blog post. spelling irrelevant.

No comments: