Friday, August 10, 2012

why this house probably isn't it

We got one interest in an offer out of all the ones we've sent and they asked us to revise a previous one and resend it and they're gonna let us know soon if our offer was accepted so we actually stopped by to see it. It's actually a really nice house in a good area that looks like it's pretty much ready to be moved into. It didn't feel like home, though it felt like settling. Like just take the one house that the offer might have been accepted on already, you won't get another chance.
 Sharing a driveway, meh...
I know beggars shouldn't be choosers but we are talking about a home and the future of our family.
Decent living room.
Nice floors...
Pretty well maintained. Dining nook off the kitchen.
View into the two bedrooms.
Narrow but okay kitchen.
Blah blah you get the idea. SIGH.
The bedrooms were on the small side but they had decent closets.
I guess I'm just kidding myself that there is a house out there that's a good size and a good price. Am I really complaining about two bedrooms, 1 bath, and a big backyard? People in New York live in apartments the size of one of those bedrooms. Am I just so spoiled about the big condo I live in now? Should I just rent a house in Burbank and forget this house buying pipe dream? I wonder who has 500,000 lying around to buy a house cash. Condos have fairly decent size houses, that's crazy right? I don't wanna live in Glendale. I'm tired. Will the market get more houses on the market? What am I doing wrong? What can I do differently? I'm not gonna settle. I will find a home. But are my expectations unrealistic? I'm tired.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

whatever you get, you will make it your own.

Miri said...

You know, my friend Kate lives in Burbank, and she said the standard home has two bedrooms and an unattached converted garage. That may be pretty decent, having an office unattached from the house! Anyway, you'll get there.