Thursday, August 23, 2012

you wouldn't believe me if i told you

The first few hours in New York were so jam packed I can tell the big difference between our cities right away. You get to chose one thing to do in Los Angeles per evening. In this city, you can do a lot of things since everything's closer together. We started with a slice of Pizza, then saw Carrie's house on Perry St, then went for a cocktail. 
Then ended up in with some amazing Chinese in Chinatown. Yes we had pizza and Chinese, don't judge, we only had Virgin America cheese plates earlier. And I tried Tasty D-Lite (mmm, jury is still out on that one, need to try another flavor. I can't believe it has zero calories).
This morning we woke up at 5:45am (2:45am in our bodies, like it mattered) and took a short walk in the park. We've taken the subway and taxis, I've seen the famous Tiffany's and lots of other landmarks.
I'm at work now, it's so odd to be doing the same thing somewhere else. I'm tired but only cause we were up late and up early, can't say I feel particularly "jet lagged" maybe it'll hit me later.

Also: air conditioning is very much appreciated in New York in the summer. It's not crazy humid yet  though I am secretly hoping it will be so I can see what everyone is talking about. So far: enjoying this city a lot but the smell definitely takes some getting used to.

No comments: