Tuesday, September 18, 2012

my favorite meal in new york

I'm gonna bounce around on the recap for New York & San Francisco since I'm in that kinda mood. I'll just do highlights and not in depth recaps if you don't mind. I will do a very wordy post about my thoughts on the overall feeling of the city vs. home.

On the last day of New York we ended up in Tribeca to see the Ghostbusters headquarters and we had to pee. We knew the Greenwich Hotel was nearby so we headed there and realized the restaurant next door was recommended by GOOP and since we were headed to Soho after and the chances of a good meal are slim we dined at Locanda Verde. 
We started with the standard bread that restaurants give you: not! This was no ordinary bread. This was some magical focaccia with thinly sliced tomatoes that were baked with delicious olive oil and basil and angel dust and not the drug. Literal angels from heaven into this bread.
We shared an heirloom tomato and watermelon salad that was terrific and light.
And a beet and goat cheese ravioli with balsamic reduction. I dunno why all of these things worked but they did and the pasta was so fresh and delicious, we ran out of adjectives and words and just kept saying YUM. So good. YUM!
We had an eggplant parmesan sandwich (btw it's always awesome having a veggie co-traveler) and it was nothing short of fantastic. It had an egg on it. Eggs on things has become one of my favorite things in the world, if there is doubt: put an egg on it!
Cannot recommend this place enough. If it wasn't for the fact that New York has a billion restaurants to check out I'd probably come back. Oh yeah, new goal in life: do New York for at least a week every year either working or not working so that means I probably won't be able to return what with all the other places to stuff my face with but you all should.

No comments: