Wednesday, September 19, 2012

my favorite meal in san francisco

We ate pretty well in San Francisco (people, I think about food about 80% of the day so it should come as no surprise to you) and my favorite meal during the trip was partly for the food and partly for the ambiance but Squat and Gobble by the Marina was the clear winner.
My guru friend Chad recommended it and he's not been wrong so far. They serve brunch all day. ALL. DAY. It has a special ordering system where you order & pay at the front and then seat yourself and they bring you the food. This must be where the name comes from. Anywho... just look at this adorableness. In a corner out of sight was a group of four new moms with babies strapped to their fronts, if that isn't a sign that you are at the right place for brunch I dunno what is.
I ordered poached eggs on a muffin that was surprisingly light tasting. I think I only finished half of it. The rosemary potatoes were pretty unique, not sure I loved them but I sure did like them.
And then there was the french toast they serve with fresh whipped cream. I just wanted the cream.
Vane and I split a pot of English breakfast tea which took things to the next level. A pot of tea is much better than a cup of tea and a tea bag. Every time.

No comments: