Monday, December 24, 2012

being tia

The holidays make it extra emotional for me as the tia to these little critters. I dunno how best to say it but basically, my nieces don't have a lot of money. It's not as if they're want of anything or going hungry or living in crack houses but their moms don't really have great jobs that can afford them whatever they want, they're just trying to get by. Which is where our whole family comes in.
Christmas is for us to spoil the girls. We're not doing a gift exchange this year but everyone is buying the girls presents. I read about how the town of Newton (whose median income is $111,000) has received so many gifts for the kids that they're asking you to send those presents elsewhere. I'm sending all my love to my beautiful girls.
Is it bad to give them gifts to sway their love towards you? I think no...

No comments: