Thursday, December 13, 2012

diy christmas things

I saw an image of a frame of ornaments and thought to myself I can do that I think I have the material 'cause I'm not going anywhere so I better have the material. A shadowbox type frame from Ikea I wasn't using, wrapping paper scrap, ornaments, and double sided tape. 
Cut, tape, place. Done.
I hung it over the fireplace.
I had also seen a chain of ornaments for the door and made this thing with some curling ribbon and regular ribbon. Hung it on the door with those 3M hooks that won't ruin the door and done.
There were just so many leftover ornaments that I figured I should use them in ways other than just sticking them in vases or bowls which seems to be my default for everything Christmasy.
This week we're hanging with the family and getting lots of Lyla in before they go back. Next week I hope to finalize the shopping and Christmas party prep.

No comments: