Monday, January 7, 2013

burbank master bedroom mock up

The master bedroom. It's laid out like this and obviously was a modern addition and maybe the most important contributor to our wanting this house over the rest.
Here's what it looks like when you enter from the laundry room. Door to the right is the double closet, door to the left is the master bathroom. As you can see from my floor plan, I'd like to place the dresser we have now in between the doors which means above it there will be a big empty wall because for some reason putting anything on top of that dresser causes me dresser styling paralysis and there will NOT be a TV. Eventually I'll think of something. Along the wall near the bathroom I hope to place a big bookcase (it's represented by the baby blue box on that floor plan) that will hopefully hold all the contents of the bookcases we have now 'cause I really don't like the bookcases we have now. 
Along this wall we'll place the eventual new bed and the new nightstands. Ideally I'd love to find some that actually came from the midcentury and not modern made to look like from there but we'll see how patient I will be. Also we're going to see how feasible it will be to upgrade to a California king bed, I know my 6' tall husband would love that. 

I'd love to customize my closet and do those Elfa ones and along this wall maybe I'll place one of those bookcases I don't really like, repaint it, and put all my handbags and pretties. Or my shoes. GASP. A giant wall with shoes on display. Dare a girl dream.
The bathroom will get a complete overhaul. For inspiration see my pinterest board. Predictable. Modern, mostly black and white but I hope to add some unexpectedness.
As far as the overall inspiration well, the plan is still pretty much the same as the last time I put together a mock up for it. Grey, white, dark wood, navy blue, and brass.
I sure would love that wallpaper on the ceiling with the glow in the dark stars. And pretty much all the pretty books, tivoli radio, vintage fan, egg lamp, glow in the dark globe...

No comments: