Tuesday, January 8, 2013

burbank office mock up

The office will be the room sharing a wall with the living room and at the front of the house. It's a pretty decent size, a bit longer than the room now.
This is it from the hallway.
Just like the office now, I hope to put the sofa against the wall here with a side table on the side closest to the window and on the other side of the sofa it might be cool to have a book stack shelf. I didn't really want to have books in the office before but slowly all the design and EvY-centric books have found their way to the shelves in my office now and I like seeing them all together, especially since they're pretty.
This is the wall across from the sofa. I think I'll put the big cabinet that holds the tv in the corner. And since there is a bit of space underneath the window and since it might look a little uneven, I was thinking of putting a shorter cabinet along the bottom of the window and then placing the tea tray on top of it, sort of like a mini bar.
Matt assumed I'd want to place the desk along the window so I can look out but I'm gonna try instead...
To place it along this wall that way I can keep those floating shelves and big board set up the way I do now and this has the most wall space. Also I won't have my back to people entering the room and I can see the TV from my desk. With that much more wall space than I do now I can widen the floating shelves as well and add more storage to the room because... 
While I have a sizeable closet now, this is the only storage for the office. Of course I could make it work and I plan on removing the rod and making the room floor to ceiling shelves since it's not really meant to be just a bedroom and guests can just hang their stuff on a hook behind the door. I just fear it won't be enough space even with that since the closet I have now is about three times the size of this one and packed to the gills with stuff.
So here's the mock up for the room. See how the lower cabinet is next to the taller one? Underneath it I think it would be great to store all the DVDs Matt has banished to the office as well as the more frequently used items and use the closet for the other stuff. So while my office has oodles of storage now, I will be needing more when we move. I didn't mock up what would be on any surfaces because there were too many and I figured to best leave it open ended for now.
I know the room is schizophrenic right now with all the colors but it's just meant to be a general idea sort of thing. I mocked it up with a green wall because despite the poll, I just couldn't ignore how much I really wanted a green room. I'll wait to buy the pink cover until after I live with the green wall for awhile and also, Matt is voting against a pink walled room. Maybe I can paint the inside of the closet and ceiling pink instead to satisfy my pink need. Also, how do we feel about an inside purple door?

No comments: