Wednesday, January 16, 2013

new york this time

It's a lot better being in New York a second time around. Our job had money to travel my boss so she generously decided we could just bunk in a rental apartment so we're staying in the East Village in a pretty spacious 2 bedroom apartment that's pretty adorable and clean for New York. My friends, it is in a building with no elevator. Humping my 50lb suitcase up four flights of stairs on the morning we arrived damn near killed me. I think we're slowly getting used to it.
I'm no longer the bright eyed New York visitor and have some experience with the city and thankfully did the town up last time because I would be very bummed out to have only seen New York from bus to walking up and down 5th in the Flatiron before and after work. I haven't even seen the skyline on this trip yet! We hope to have the weekend off at least and maybe hit up the High Line which I missed last time and finally see the Upper West Side since I seem to constantly miss that place. I brought the proper clothes this time and it's so easy to be fashionable with cold weather clothes. Tall boots, long coats, scarves, soft sweaters, piece of cake. New Yorkers don't wear gloves I've noticed, it gets in the way of your Metro card. I'm an Angeleno so this cold is too much for my tanned hands, I use convertible fingerless gloves that are the best innovation in warm weather gear.

Also, can I confess that I dorkily made a bang trim haircut appointment on Saturday with the same stylist that one of my favorite bloggers does 'cause it's about 3 blocks from our apartment? Yes I confess, I'm a stalker but her hair is pretty nice.

No comments: