Monday, February 25, 2013

I am certifiable

We all know I am crazy, obviously. To further prove the crazy I went ahead and invited people over for a mini Oscar party the weekend after we moved. People kept RSVPing yes and next thing I knew I was at Sprouts buying edibles for 16 people. We used every available seating surface we had in our tiny living room and a good time was had as evidenced by my full trash can and flutes everywhere.


The horrible thing was that, leading up to the party, we learned that the channel we needed to watch the Oscars was not working in our neighborhood and apparently most of Burbank has this problem. We considered getting cable but we don't ever watch TV: only for baseball, golf, and award shows so it was not worth it. I didn't give up and mounted an outdoor antenna to the side of the house, which worked until the day of the show and then our tenant Eric had to climb the roof to get it higher and make it work about an hour before people were supposed to show up.

That added to a stressed out disposition for yours truly that poor Mattt took the brunt of. I am such a b!!!h. Well now that its over we are relieved and tired and with this week off I plan to spend most of it unpacking and cleaning and all that. Also sleeping. Haven't done much of that lately.

Oh and our new fridge is here and Matt found the water line near the fridge so I will have ice eventually! Can't wait to buy groceries and make food. Yesterday I made rosemary cashews and mint mango salad which felt so good. One can only have Taco Bell so many days in a row you know.

- iPad Post

No comments: