Tuesday, April 23, 2013

the drive

I haven't spoken much about the drive to work have I? 

Since we've moved we've gone from an hour and a half drive each way to a half hour drive each way. If there's no traffic, we're talking about 20 minutes to get to work. We turn right at the Ikea, left past the 5 freeway, right where Nickelodeon overflow offices are, stay as the street curves past Warner Brothers, continue past Universal Studios, go over the hill, take the 101 south, exit by the capitol records building and the office is on the right. It's a neat little drive.
We kept talking about how our lives were gonna change once we moved up here and believe me they have. When I get home, I'm no longer extremely exhausted. I have enough energy to make a meal or do something around the house and still be able to shower, watch a TV show, and cuddle with pets. And in the mornings I often have thoughts of "hmm, I would have been in traffic for an hour by now instead of just getting up." Shoot days are great too because due to the proximity of the 5 freeway, everything is about 1/2 an hour away. Downtown LA, 30 minutes. Northridge, 30 minutes. Everything is 30 minutes.

We definitely made the right decision. We're happy up here.

No comments: