Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 vs 2016 house goals

My desire to clean up around here has translated to cleaning up digitally and I changed all the tags that used to say "burbank house" to "fredrich family farm" since that's what we call the house now. Did you know that the best nicknames all come from someone else? My friend Alex was the one who started calling me EvY and the head of production at a company I work at was the one who first asked me "How things were going down at the Farm?" which lead to it's nickname. 

Anyhow... as I was cleaning it up I came across the fact that last year I was also in the mood to do a big purge and I had a list of goals for 2015 and here's how we did:

2015 House Goals 
1) install upper cabinets in the laundry room (woo-hoo!)
2) paint the master bedroom
3) paint the living room
4) plant lots of greenery in the backyard
5) plant more veggies in the front yard
6) install some shade over the seating area in the backyard
7) replace the table behind the sofa for something with sliding doors (we changed the layout of the living room)
8) new nightstand and lighting combination for the master bedroom (what a difference that made!)
9) build some shelving for the master bathroom (actually did a full mini-makeover!)
10) paint the master bathroom (yes!)
The beautiful Christmas gift from my sister in-law Emily. Yes, I cried.
So let's try it again, here's 2016's house goals.

2016 House Goals
1) paint the master bedroom
2) paint the living room
3) paint the kitchen
4) dog-proof the backyard & plant greenery accordingly 
5) plant more veggies in the front yard
6) install some shade over the seating area in the backyard
7) mini or big makeover of the guest bathroom 
8) continue converting office into combo playroom
9) reconfigure the kitchen 
10) replace the front door

No comments: