Monday, October 23, 2017

spark into a flame

I threw a good party and I have time off. Those two things are leading to my brain being maxed out on inspiration and creativity. The party made me cook so that got me thinking about kitchens and recipes and the time off has me reading magazines and since Thanksgiving cooking is around the corner I'm feeling like spending some time in the kitchen again. And wishing my kitchen were this pretty. Also decided I want inset cabinets and I'm SUPER over farmhouse. Sorry Jo, I think I want something a little more classic and timeless than shiplap.
The cooking made me fantasize about a fall picnic. Gosh doesn't that sound dreamy? Even better if everything looked this cute right?
Halloween decorating ideas are still on my mind. I don't do orange, it's just not a color I do. We do black and white. And my Halloween style is more Victorian Gothic so lots of "The Raven" with bits of like apothecary and mad scientist lab. No demons or devils or jack o lanterns. Skulls. 
The Good Housekeeping issue for Thanksgiving is So. Good. One side of the issue has the most incredible looking recipes and I plan on making everything on one particular page and the other side of the issue has this great fall fashion spread that is making me want some new heels and a pleated skirt. Though a pleated skirt is a year-long thing. I love a good pleat. Also: fall florals. Can't get enough! I love them I love them I love them. Blush pink with grey and white and black. YES.
Okay it's almost 1am so I better get to bed. It's just so nice and quiet right now and my brain is craving pretty things. Just a few more web hits and then I'll go to bed.

No comments: