Friday, November 3, 2017

ideas for the kid's bath

I assume that the first thing we'd gut and do would be the guest bath. Probably because it's teeny and probably because the bathtub in there is currently peeling and awful. The main problem with this bathroom is that it is oh I already said that: teeny. I have two ideas for what would make it look bigger. 1) a sink that isn't a cabinet to give more floor space 2) a pocket door. Overall I want it to be black and white and grey: duh. But also some wood and brass to soften it up. I have very specific rules about hardware and fixtures and my rule is: all chrome fixtures and hardware I like to be black usually. I want the bathroom to be modern yet classic, industrial yet soft. So a flower shower curtain with a pipe curtain rod. A slate black floor with a striped or polka dot rug. Etc. 
These are kinda general ideas and not quite specifically these items per se but this is the general idea. I'd like to tile the entire shower area tub to ceiling and then tile the walls about I dunno, halfway up around the whole room with white subway tile with black grout and dark grey paint from tile to ceiling. Once I put it all together it was like oh, all those things do make sense. 

No comments: