Monday, January 8, 2018

the desk wall in the office

I decided when I laid out the office that the desk would be on this wall so that I'd have a space for a memo board of sorts and then we had an extra bookcase and that ended up in here and I've been thinking of what would be a good solution to this wall of desk to make it more streamlined and useful to what I think we could use in the office.
Ideally on this wall I would have a double desk and both closed and open storage. A double desk because well, I have two kids and maybe they could do homework here or I could be on one while they're on the other and one could be the boys and one the girls desk. Also sometimes I work from home and have co-workers so a built in double desk would be amazing. Probably my favorite/best inspiration is this built-in desk that was on Domino. Plus it was in green and white and pink with gold accents which are my major color combos for the office!
I also found this cheaper idea at Ikea which is a customizable wall mounted situation and it doesn't stick out too much into the room and we want as much moveable space as possible in this room. Plus it wouldn't be so permanent as the other built in. I just dunno if I'm wild about the look, but the concept yes, it's all one unit.
They do make these kind of double desks as well but I would want some wall mounted shelving as well since I do still need a hearty amount of storage. Or do we? I've been pruning away at the office and I just want to eliminate as much as possible because we already have so much stuff in there furniture wise and things wise. I have made a philosophical decision that any overflow toys would live in the kids room because we have enough toys out there already, I don't want to have to make room for spare toys in there on top of the toys in the living room AND their room?! Their closet already has art/crafting supplies. So the office will be just for office supplies/party planning/gifting.
I'm back to the drawing board in there literally working on the room board and shuffling things around. I'll post something when I think it through a little more. 

No comments: