Sunday, May 31, 2020

The COVID-19 Diaries: Quarantine Home Projects Have BEGUN

First off, most of my day is spent trying not to be on Twitter reading the news on the protests over and over. So I've been trying to distract myself with projects. 

It's on. It's on and poppin'. This week I began Phase One of larger projects around the house. Projects that I've been putting off forever and ever. 
I started off fairly small with the master closet. The outer part. The inside holds the clothes and is already white and you barely see it so I didn't bother.
It didn't take that long to actually paint. The prep work took way longer, cutting in and rolling took hardly any time at all. 
Next thing I knew, it was done.
I knew that if I painted the walls I'd wish the bookcase were a different color so I went ahead and did that.
And I knew that once that was painted I'd wish the stool was a different color so I went ahead and did that too.
And I had been meaning to find the right frame for this print and originally it was black so I went ahead and painted that too.
Putting it back together of course made me want a new runner and a new light. I owe you the final pic. Trust me, it's nice.
We were down to just four rooms home that need walls painted: master bedroom, kitchen, and living room. But there were a few smaller paint jobs that I have been meaning to tackle so I went ahead and did one of them too.
What a difference right? The fence is next when I get to the outside projects again.
Up next is the kitchen which I would have started tonight but I guess you need what's the thing... oh yeah PAINT.  
The other thing that might happen is painting the backsplash tiles. I saw on pinterest that is actually a thing that can happen so I might try to do that while I'm already dealing with the kitchen stuff. This is all gonna get gutted anyway down the line so I'm willing to spend a few bucks to slightly improve it.
Matt and I were wondering what has taken us so long to get all this stuff done and it has to be that we have time. Because honestly, that's the one thing that we have been lacking in the past. Either I had to work around being in between gigs or weekends but now, we have lots of time, we're not going anywhere and we have nothing we have to do. It's really a good time to do it. To do anything at home. We have nothing but time.

No comments: