Sunday, June 21, 2020

The COVID-19 Diaries: Painting the Play Pen Fence

One of the projects I meant to do that I thought might be a long shot to accomplish in this pandemic would be painting the play pen fence. BUT, since Matt's mom was watching the kids and the men were already outside,  I decided in a fit of outdoor solidarity to go ahead and paint it. This is it before I sanded the posts and tops....
And this is after!
I painted it the color that the original inspiration patio cover picture was that of Sherwin Williams Black Alder. I thought it would be more black but it turned out to be a green/gray that looks like metal in the shade and just super slick and cool and very us.
 
Almost too cool. It made everything around it stand out so much nicer. 
It was definitely a project that was a lot of work and tiring but sooooo worth it. Alexa helped me near the end for awhile and I was grateful. 
The next mini project will be to paint the trim on the shed. I tested the window as you can see above and once the rest of it is framed in white it'll look a little more like this. 
As luck would have it the default color the shed came in that off white beige kinda matches the current house color so until we paint the exterior of the house, the shed will stay that color. Once we go for whatever grey we go with, it'll change too. 

So checking that off the list was a big win and helped me make decisions for the patio cover.

No comments: