Monday, June 8, 2009

cavernous

The amount of work that goes into a home that is in relative shambles is astounding. Dan the drywall man is coming tomorrow to scrape down the popcorn/cottage cheese/acoustic ceiling so we have to make as many necessary holes as possible so he can fix them. Mostly that means electrical work. I didn't really take pictures but trust me, Dan my father in-law did all the stuff on our wishlists. Simple things like having a four wall outlet on the counter. Taking down the hideous shower door. And of course, we got some paint samples which I threw on the wall.And here's something I say often but not to an audience. Matt was right. You know how paint sample sheets go from light until dark and you always pick the color you're too lacking of cojones to say that's the one? Well at the counter I picked the safe color and put it on the wall and it was just not grey enough. I said, one shade darker. Matt said, go all the way, pick the darkest one. We're talking super dark. But on the cabinet, danggit, that was it. 
Oh and surf was color matched and it was fantastic, just perfect. I was so worried that I waited until the end to put it up for fear of failure. WINNER! 

No comments: