Tuesday, November 15, 2011

thuyen vien

Back in the day it used to be easy to feed us vegetarians. I would just find a vegetarian option wherever we were and be done with it. But since Matt's vegan now it's a lot more difficult so I now try to find places that are actually vegetarian restaurants since they have the most amount of options for vegans. My favorite veggie restaurant this year had been in Seattle but now we're back home and I found this place, my new favorite veggie place: Thuyen Vien, a Vietnamese heaven.
I read on yelp everyone recommended the banana flower tacos which were incredible. They're fresh veggies served on a crunchy something that's not a tortilla and mmm. A reviewer said they could eat them every day and I completely agree.
We kinda went nuts since it was our first time and I ordered Jicama spring rolls. I'm not a fan of rolls that are fried I mean, I'll eat them, but I love rolls on this rice wrapper stuff that Matt was skeptical of but we ate them up and the sauce, delish. It's so nice not worrying about what's in the food when it's telling you that it's vegan. One less thing, you know?
Matt also ordered another hot item the garlic chicken. He ate that whole thing, can you believe it?
And since I love it like a pig loves dirt, I had Pho. I've mentioned before it's darn near impossible to find veggie Pho since it's all made with beef stock but this was right on the money.
Yeah we definitely went a little nuts but the place is really reasonably priced and all of this was $30.
We'll be back like every other weekend I feel like. Especially since up the street we found a crazy cool Comics and collectibles place.

And Am, next time you're in town, you're game right?

No comments: