Tuesday, November 5, 2013

the front yard with new green grass

First off I made a deal about Matt being my hero but the other two heroes are my dad and Matt's dad Dan who is an incredible landscaper in his own right, having been the man who transformed his home in Yucaipa from a dirt lot into a beautiful oasis. I wish I had a photo of it. Anyway… it's amazing.

The first morning back I went outside and hastily snapped some photos of the front yard. Boy is that grass green! And look at that, the oranges are turning orange. I think a few more days and I'll be enjoying fresh squeezed OJ from my own front yard. Woooooooo.
There are longer term plans for the front porch but for now we'll just add some plants around where the dirt is to give it some interest. Maybe that could be the "herb garden portion" of the garden.
I think we have to wait a few weeks before we can set foot on the grass so for now we just have to make sure to water it a lot so it sets into the dirt. It's so green it looks fake.
There's a perimeter of dirt around the grass where we'll be growing lots of plants and veggies and fruits and herbs. The rosemary bush was severely trimmed and it's still plenty and looks very good.
Know what's missing from this? That ugly palm tree. Thanks dad.
The part outside of the property I'd like to plant big ole bushes that don't require much maintenance and I can just let grow wild like lavender or plants that are drought resistant and hopefully attract bees since they're gonna be the key to food growing.
It's just such a nice change from the embarrassment  we've been over the past few months.
I love arriving home now. I mean, I've always loved arriving home but it's extra special now.

No comments: