Monday, June 1, 2015

adventures in cocktail-ing

It goes back a long many years. Once upon a July awhile ago we ended up in Fort Collins, CO where our friend Duy took us to a vegetarian restaurant and I had Kentucky Fried Freedom. It was fake fried chicken, collared greens, and black eyed peas. It was one of the most delicious meals I've ever had and since that day I've wanted to replicate that menu. Well, for Mother's Day my family and I tried with a Southern BBQ and of course, I made mint juleps. 
In that little bottle above with the cork top I pre-squeezed some lemon juice and since there were some leftovers lemon juice I thought well you can't let it go to waste so I started making some cocktails with this book
It also helps that in my front yard grows some herbs that work very well with cocktail making and combine that with the fact that I don't get out much nowadays, what's a girl gonna do but make 'em at home right? 
I've never been a drinker for drunk sake. I hate that. I enjoy a good cocktail for the pure taste of magical chemistry. Fresh ingredients put together in a way that make a tasty beverage.
Cheers Gang. 
Here's to a refreshing summer!

No comments: