Friday, November 4, 2016

and of course now i'm on anti-biotics

First of all I have to keep reminding myself that I incubate and make big healthy beautiful babies. That's the plus side. Remember how this hefty baby had to be sliced out of me?
BUT it is kicking my butt. Still trying to get over a cold, I worked on Tuesday and got home a little late and didn't eat on time and felt just awful. Headache. Stuffy. On Wednesday morning I woke up feeling like I had to pee again and again, sure sign of a UTI, and was dizzy and still stuffy nosed so I called my boss and I said "I can't come in today." Sometimes you just gotta listen to your body. And I was out for the day. In and out of sleep, Matt watched Alice and I just tried to keep food in my system and sleep. And I felt bad that I wasn't doing much but all I needed was to just sleep.

The next day still feeling crummy I decided you know what, I should go see my doctor. They push you to the front of the line if you're pregnant. And yup, positive for a mild UTI but guess what he said, "Good thing you came in, UTI's are things that during pregnancy is one of the most preventable causes of pre-term labor." And that it was probably a good idea "to take the rest of the week off." If you think missing a few days of work is bad, try being on bed rest, yeah, that's way longer. So now I'm on anti-biotics because all I needed from this pregnancy was yet more crappy-ness right?

But boy am I glad I went with my instinct and my doctor confirmed it. Always listen to your instincts especially if you're pregnant. Don't mess around with that.

No comments: