Friday, July 20, 2012

you can do a lot with melons

Right now I'm making lots of salads. I got this book recently and it is quite clever. It really elevates salads to meals and not just that thing you order because you're supposed to and comes before your real food.
It's broken down by seasons and summer is all about melons. This one is heirloom tomato, watermelon, feta, basil, mint, olive oil, salt & pepper.
Matt's had no dairy. Did you know my husband is weirded out by fruit being combined with anything like vegetables or salt & pepper?
This one was crazy good. Honeydew melon, cantaloupe, figs, arugula, shaved Parmesan.
Spinach and strawberry salad seems so common but Matt is simple folk about his food. I am not so I forced him to have spinach, watermelon, strawberry, nuts and agave syrup.
I had watermelon and heirloom tomato again.
The recipes are full of good looking things that were I to throw a summer dinner party, people would be very impressed. But I'm not. Or am I?

It's very difficult to blog during the summer. Too busy doing stuff to write about doing stuff. Bike rides, swims, golf, cooking, grilling, movies. Which my weekend will have quite a few of this I hope.

Enjoy the outside while you still can!

No comments: