Tuesday, May 5, 2015

master bath: now it's the little things

Awhile ago I mentioned that I was itching to do something, anything to update the master bathroom. It started innocently enough with just wanting to get medicine cabinets and then since everything was off the wall I thought well, we should just paint it before I install the cabinets and have to paint around them. And since I had everything down to paint it I thought well, we should just get new hardware that I'll actually like instead of the generic builder stuff we have now. And since the room is already a mess, why don't I just paint the bottom cabinet too? 
So I did. Last weekend we finished the master bathroom painting of the walls and bottom cabinet and installation of hardware and then ordering of new hardware and of course the installation of the medicine cabinet that started this whole mess to begin with. Now is all about the finishing touches which is taking me even longer than all the other stuff put together. I just wanna get it right so I've been ordering accessories left and right and returning them left and right because I just wanna knock it all out and you can't just put the same old stuff you had in here to begin with otherwise it won't feel like a makeover. At least, that's what I think.
So until I finish all the other accessorizing, here's the medicine cabinet that caused this mess to begin with! Ikea struck me again because I bought the wrong size and didn't realize until I had unboxed and assembled both of them and then measured them and realized, wait, that's not right. So we ended up with one in the center which actually works out great I just wish I'd have been more careful than to trust myself in the Swede world because I'd have done things differently.
 Even after all these years and myself an expert, UGH!

No comments: