Tuesday, March 13, 2012

something I should have discovered earlier

I change my nail polish color just about weekly because I have to have nail polish or else I bite my nails and because I have commitment problems. I pretty much wear only Essie colors because I'm a yuppie snob but they freaking chipped like crazy and I'd be two or three days in and have to reapply. 
I always thought base coats were a big fat gimmick. Top coats only allowed my nail polish to be much easier to peel off but I started using this base coat plus two coats of nail polish and poof, the color lasted longer. In fact it would only chip when I started to get bored and start chipping it myself.
I'd like to think of myself as an expert since I do wear nail polish every day, that makes you an expert right? But anyway, I recommend using a base coat with your nail polish. Sounds obvious but trust me. The crap works.

No comments: