Monday, May 3, 2010

documentarian

I dunno when it happened or maybe it's always been a part of my life but documenting events and memories and moment in the life of my family has seemingly been my responsibility. Why not right? Why wouldn't the oldest with the mad OCD be the designated obnoxious person with the camera and ability to catalog within the minutia of detail the life of our family as it grows and grows.

A family only grows. When all the kids started dating, all of a sudden it went up! Then Matt & I got married so the 5 kids became 6. Then Esther had a baby, 7. Then Ab got married, 8. Then Liz's baby will make 9. Then when Mari and Eddie get married 10. Hopefully if someday Esther and Ceaser get married, 11. And then more kids will come. And someone's gotta be there to document when they get their first birthday party, when they go off to college... I guess it's me.

No comments: