Wednesday, November 9, 2011

new year's eve

This year, my college pals annual Black & White Christmas party will be held on the only day we could all make it: New Year's Eve. I have always wanted to throw a New Year's Eve party and have tried multiple times but they rarely live up to expectation. Just like New Year's Eve itself, filled with promises of partying and you end up playing Star Wars Trivial Pursuit with your husband (and winning). Though come to think of it, that was a great New Year's Eve. Over the years I've gathered new Year's Eve Party ideas from Martha Stewart for "someday":
 
 
But since this year has a specific theme, I won't be doing any of the stuff above. Ha! But I am very much looking forward to a New Year's Eve Party with about 12 of my dearest friends and five of their children and their dogs. It's actually nice to be throwing a party AFTER Christmas because by then the stress of presents will be gone and the party will be my full time job. Like I don't already think about it 8 hours a day...

No comments: