Thursday, September 4, 2014

slip on sneakers

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only thing that takes the sting out of summer being over is the arrival of FALL FASHION. And just because I had a baby and spend the majority of my time dressed in a nursing tank and sweat shorts doesn't mean I'm not thinking about and stalking pinterest and fashion blogs especially knowing New York Fashion Week is happening (or happened?). 

But since I do have a baby and am a nursing mother (mother!) I'm a) poor & on a budget b) lazy c) lacking in any sort of personal time. As I got dressed in the closet I found that I really wanted to wear shoes that are easy to take on and off and though I have a hefty collection of flats and loafers, I wanted to wear some sneakers which brought me to the idea of slip on sneakers and thank heaven: they're on trend! Here's some evidence that they can be worn with a little flair.
This image makes me miss New York.
I'm looking for some variation of this shoe. Black but with a shiny twist. That seems to be the common element to wearing these with style, they gotta have a twist.
Don't ask me what else is cool right now. I'm gonna be wearing the same stuff I wore last fall and hope nobody notices and/or gives me slack that I am at the very least out of my PJs.

No comments: