Saturday, November 21, 2015

toddler + tree = nope

Well I was right. Whatever she can reach on the tree, she yanks down and drops on the floor. I did try to show her that it's fun to decorate the tree and put the ornaments ON the tree instead. 
She tried.
I haven't done a full Christmas decorating thing, just the office because I was doing a trial run of what she would do with the tree. I hung up ornaments I really don't want her to touch way up high and left anything within her reach as things I know she can't ruin. I don't by nature own a lot of breakable ornaments because I never trusted myself nor any pets so it wasn't too hard to accomplish. What is left of the tree in the office is a tree that's half decorated which doesn't bother me at all. 
Christmas trees look pretty even when they're bare so knowing that the reason the bottom is bare is because my little one is exploring and having fun fills me with joy. And that's what the season is all about anyway. The joy of peace on earth. Goodwill towards man. And little ladies too.

It's been a stressful few weeks/days for me but God has been doing miracles daily and I am a very grateful woman. Have a big time blessed weekend everyone!

No comments: