Monday, June 14, 2010

ah the eternal packing challenge

I'm flying United to Boston, an airline I had a bad experience with before but our travel agent got us the best deal through them so we're flying with them. The bastards charge for each checked bag so I'm taking a rolling duffel and purchased the giantest bag I could find at Old Navy so I can carry everything in there I'll need as we cruise along the streets of Boston. It's called a crescent bag and was $7 on super sale.
A full sized LJ can fit inside of it.
Maybe even a full sized Lebowski could too.
I love the challenge of packing light. I was reading people's tips and this is something I'd like to hear from you guys. What are your travel light packing tips?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

leave the pets at home.

Miri said...

Ok first, you know I worked for United, right? If you have any problems contact me.

Second, I am a professional packer, obviously. I'll come over and help you if you want. ;)

EvY said...

miri- well it's too late now unless you can somehow make it so i didn't miss my flight to kauai like five years ago and had to overnight on some other island. that'd be great thanks. i'll come to you if they mess our flights.

chelle- you're funny. i forget that sometimes.

Miri said...

I meant trouble with this flight.

Here's a packing tip:

3 pairs of shoes MAX. Walking shoes, sandals, and dress shoes.

Put toiletries in small bottles, or buy small bottles in Boston.

I don't know how long you're staying, but let's say 5 days: 2 pairs of jeans, 1 dress or skirt combo, 5 camis or tanks, 3 knit blouses, 1 sweater, 1 sweatshirt, 6 pairs of underwear, 1 set of pjs (or just pj bottoms, and wear the cami to bed).