Tuesday, June 1, 2010

welcome "home" lyla

Ah my evil scheming worked perfectly. I managed to wrangle a visit from a newborn and her momma for a few days at #18. So I threw them a lil' welcome "home" party.
Only VIP guests in attendance, like older cousins:
And veteran grandmas:

Very strict cutesy dress code:

We can almost already see Angie trying to talk Lyla into something naughty together. "No, I don't think that's a good idea Angie"-Lyla age 5. "Come on Lyla, we won't get caught!"-Angie age 5.4:
Angie is only four months old. But look at how giant she looks next to a newborn.
First night went well. Matt and I were so exhausted we slept without hearing any cries. Liz on the other hand was up three times with her. I get to play "grandma/aunt" the next few days since I don't work. Then we hand her off to the real grandma and real other momma Esther to watch Liz and Lyla for a week. And I guess life goes back to normal somewhat for #18.

No comments: