Saturday, June 5, 2010

money talks

My credit card expired and I hadn't noticed for approximately a week. When it was declined while getting gas I was amazed that I hadn't used it enough for a store to tell me that it wasn't working. So while I wait for a new card, I am not spending money and thought I'd take this moment to talk about savings.

Right now Emigrant Direct (a division of Emigrant bank) is at 1% Annual Percentage Yield! Exciting! 
Did you know that if you put $20 away a week in a year you'll have saved $1040! 

And if you put the money away automatically as a direct deposit from your checking to savings, you won't even notice the money's out of reach and ready for your future.

If you have more dough at your disposal, Dollar Savings Direct has an even higher percentage yield but you have to have $1000 minimum balance.

Happy savings! Do you guys have other savings tips?

No comments: