Thursday, September 8, 2011

helmer (aka just kidding about that furniture thing)

This item is only $40 and I really don't need it. I mean, well, we could always use more storage, especially in an office but I actually have a lot of available storage in my office already so it's not really necessary. UN-necessary, I admit that. 

The way my desk sits I have it as close to the window as possible and then I have the shelves flush with the wall instead of directly above it which makes the desk and the shelves slightly off center from each other. It's never bothered me before because stuff always ended up in that corner and it doesn't bother me now but I thought, maybe I can just stick something in that corner and what the heck, something with drawers.
Ikea sells this helmer thing that's pretty small but would fit perfectly in that corner and is small enough that it adds storage but doesn't take up a lot of space. 
I think I'll take a little trip to check it out. I'm also curious as to how high it is without the casters that come with it since I'd take them off and maybe I can slide it under the desk in the future. I'm also curious as to improving the hardware that comes with it 'cause frankly, it leaves much to be desired.

No comments: