Friday, May 4, 2012

let's talk about a midnight screening

The last film I saw at midnight was "The Simpsons Movie" in 2007. All five of us kids went, stood in line for an hour-ish, and I was wearing a red Ralph Wiggum t-shirt. A few hours ago my brother, his wife, Matt, and myself went to see "The Avengers". I was wearing a red Avengers t-shirt.
My brother was really the motivator to watch the movie tonight/this morning and I'm glad he talked me into it. Lest we forget, I'm a giant nerd and film major, why would I even consider passing on so momentous a film event five movies in the making? In case you didn't realize what was happening: Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk (2008), Thor, and Captain America all had bits and pieces of "The Avengers" built into it, characters here and there all led up to a team assembling and one hell of a movie.
But the experience of going to a movie theatre at midnight, of watching it with a bunch of enthusiastic fans of movies and fanboys and girls, nothing like it. The clapping, the cheering, the laughter, in a dark room with a great movie, ah, what could be better?

No comments: