Sunday, September 2, 2012

boroughs

Saturday we visited three of the Boroughs to add to the insanity that is EvY's NY tour '12. There is only 1 thing to do in The Bronx so we did it. I pretty much hate the New York Yankee baseball team but being there I rooted for them for my first and last time so help me God. We were in the sun for most of the game and would take shade breaks but then we got smart and just moved to shady seats that had a way better view and comfy seats and watched the team come from behind to win and hear them play "New York, New York" on loop. I wore my angel hat and not one person gave me crap which was disappointment #1. #2 was the new Yankee stadium itself. I heard the old one was a beaut and this one was just some generic nothing special sports venue. I dunno pals, it's just not the cathedral that is Fenway. So anyway, I don't think I will ever return to Yankee stadium but thanks for having me Bronx.
My high school pal Andy is getting his masters at NYU and living in Queens so after the game we went to get his evening clothes and had Greek frappe and Greek food in Astoria. Which is also aparently the only thing to do in Queens so done.
That evening we went to Brooklyn. Specifically the hipster capital: Williamsburg. Shorts, toms, ray bans, like Silverlake but an entire city of it. Since I constantly battle my tendancies to enjoy the things these kids do except Pabst I was not surprised that I chose it as the place I would live if I had to live anywhere in NY. Far enough away with things to do and still a cab ride into the city with views like these? Ok.
Today we have theatre tickets. Tomorrow we head to our office to ship things and then we'll be done for the day since all our vendors will be closed and it'll be pointless so maybe I'll be able to check off Babycakes, Kate Spade, 9-11 Memorial, and Wall St.

I am having a ball but I am finally ready to go home. Just the right amount of time to hook up with this city and go home to my long term girlfriend Los Angeles.

- iPad Post

No comments: