Tuesday, September 11, 2012

fishs eddy

I returned home Saturday almost Sunday around midnight from San Francisco and the next day began the difficult unpacking process which surprisingly only took two days that were not fully focused. It usually takes me about a week to put clean laundry away much to the chagrin of my roommate/husband. Anyway, the office is still brimming with piles of receipts, magazines that are to be read, and other things this suburbanite has to take care of before she goes back to work on Thursday.

I left with one big suitcase and a backpack and returned with a that plus a carry-on and I shipped a large box home with extra clothes and NYC purchases. I didn't buy any of you any souvenirs I'm sorry to say. I tried very hard to make this trip about getting to know New York and not being a tourist so I couldn't very well bring any of you any I heart NY t-shirts or postcards or lighters of the statue of liberty. Actually come to think of it, that's not like me anyway so I wouldn't have debased myself that way or subjected any of you similarly. Okay I lied, some of you did get presents and while the things I really wanted to buy others would have been damn near impossible to ship without breaking such as what I would have bought for ALI and for MIRI at my favorite shopping adventure in New York:
It had been on my list since Day 1 and it was close to our office so on the last day on our way back to the office to pick up our backpacks and prepare our stuff for shipment, we finally stopped by at hostess heaven. Oh yeah, maybe a few of these would have been good Miri presents too.
I can't remember why I didn't buy these. They would definitely have made the journey. Sorry M!
Ali, next time you visit Betsy, head here and grab these for yourself since I didn't.
It was a wonderland. I've ordered from Fishs Eddy online before but for once I was there in person to enjoy the magic and lust over everything and wish I could throw a party immediately. I got a few things for myself (shocker) and I'll show you where they ended up around the house.

Definitely worth the visit if you find yourself on 19th & Broadway.

No comments: