Wednesday, October 14, 2009

lack!

Let's talk about the Ikea lack line.

I have the hanging shelves in the kitchen (that now has a different setup, will post pics later):

And two in the office. I love them. You can move things around and they will make whatever is on them into a decorative object even if it's just a snail piggybank. They're hugely popular in children's rooms nowadays. I think cause it prevents little fingers from accessing things:

Now, Ikea has these new bookcases from the same line. Damn they're hot:

They don't look like much but they're lacquer and shiny and look like something out of a decorating magazine. Imagine all your pretty things on them:

And whilst I tend to take the safe route and purchase furniture that is either black or white I swear when we move and we lack shelving I'm getting this blue one.

I saw it in person and it's so so beautiful.


If you lack (pun intended) the ability to properly style bookcases, check out THIS BLOG she has a bookcase of the day every day and they're almost always winners.

Styling a bookcase is an art form, truly. I am constantly looking at the giant shelves in our living room and thinking how I can change them. I tilt my head to one side saying Hmm, what is bothering me about this, what can I switch. Never does it involve purchasing something else, it's always about using what I already have and changing the location of it.

No comments: