Saturday, October 3, 2009

oh...

Ambre and Ali have noted that they have been unable to comment on the blog, I have messed with the settings, see if that works...

So I'm working on getting the dog used to being in the house without being a complete maniac. What I do is I close off the kitchen from the rest of the house and let him in when I'm working on dinner or just in the kitchen for extended periods of time.
I was making dinner and LJ, who usually stays in the kitchen regardless of dog needed to be rewarded in my mind so I gave him some canned cat food. Fed it to him on the counter (out of doggy mouth range) and continued on my business.

Then, I heard a meow. Ohmygosh, Gadget, who is basically terrified of the dog came into the kitchen wanting food. I was so excited. His chubby self can't get to the top of the counter without help so I hoisted him up and then, he came down. And actually cleaned himself about three feet away from the dog. He scurried away and I continued working. Then, he came back! Un-coaxed, not hungry, he came back and I managed to snap the only picture of all my furry children.
Oh I dream of the day when they will be able to co-exist peacefully.

No comments: