Monday, October 26, 2009

the pup and me

In an effort to distract myself from thinking about the impending U2 concert that night, I took the puppy out on a long date.

First we dropped my sister off at the Green Line. Then we went to the dog park where Lebowski met a soul that had more energy that he does. An actual puppy. Lebowski has a funny habit, I call it noseyness. Whenever he sees a dog running, he bolts to whatever is happening and why that dog is running. Seriously, from one end of the park to the other he RAN like he was chasing Gadget up the stairs. Silly dog. I also felt really high and mightly cause there was a lady there who kept talking loudly to her dog and I, of dog whisperer education, said very little to get my dog to do anything. I wanted him to drink water so I got up, motioned with my head and the dog followed me to the fountain. I put the bowl down, he drank it. He's actually a very smart dog. The other day he actually used his nose to open the screen door.

Then, since I was feeling adventurous, I took him to Petsmart because well, it's the only store where I can take my dog. I actually asked his opinions of things. I'd hold up a bag of treats and make him smell them. His reaction led me to my purchases.
  
And since the dog whisperer advises you bathe a dog upon returning from a dog park (well said too, he had other dog's drool on his back) I did. Wet dogs are so uncomfortably funny. And then they shake and its even funnier.


No comments: