Thursday, January 9, 2014

let me tell you about my boat...

I've known about this pregnancy for a few months and didn't tell the general public until I was 12 weeks along but I thought I'd recap you on what's been happening since November.

On the 7th of November, a week late and feeling an exhaustion I have never before experienced in life I came home and peed on a dollar test and before I could even read the little box that told me how to read the little stick, double line. I told Matt that our July 4th trip would be cancelled due to "pregnant women aren't supposed to fly" and showed him the stick. What??! I peed on another dollar test, another pair of lines. We went to CVS and paid more money for 2 EPT tests. The next morning, plus sign.

On Monday the 18th we went to the doctor and she showed me on a very low definition TV on which I had to totally fake seeing things she was desperately trying to show me that there was an alien taking residence in my ute and it has a heartbeat. It really helped me feel less crazy about using dollar store pregnancy tests and those things ARE accurate yo. 

I'm in my 14th week now and the morning sickness is still there, but definitely subsiding. As other pregnant women know, it happens at all time of day and oddly enough for me isn't caused by eating something, it's caused by NOT eating something. I set up my alarm to wake up and munch on a few crackers 1/2 hour before I'm supposed to wake up and then when I wake up I feel okay, have a yogurt and can make it for another hour or so before I have to eat again. I have to snack a lot.

The absolutely worst thing however, is that I am experiencing an intense food aversion. It is a misery I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. And yes, of course, it's all worth it and it tells me that the alien is cooking properly and the sickness is proof that things are going well so for that reminder, we endure all ills. That in mind, this is the worst thing I've ever experienced. I know worse things are coming but do you know what it's like for someone that lives to eat to dread breakfast, lunch, dinner? I mean seriously, I hate knowing that it's time to eat food. There's a limited amount of food I can tolerate like yogurt or umm, watermelon, but by and large food just doesn't excite me and I don't crave anything. I barely eat. I eat the minimum amount of food so I won't collapse of starvation. While I'm eating whatever it is I'm eating there's microseconds where it tastes okay but then it starts to taste weird and I don't want it anymore. That's gotten slightly better in the past few weeks but only barely. I have a fear that it's not going to be going away until this child is born, which makes me depressed. It's just so hard to eat anything or drink anything to begin with but as this critter gets larger I'm supposed to be getting bigger, how do I do that when all I can stand for lunch is slices of tomato and ice cream? It's a major bummer. I hope it gets better in a week or so because otherwise I'm gonna have to take some drugs and I'd rather not but I'm getting desperate.

Know what else SUCKS: Prenatal vitamins. They are sent from hell to destroy women kind. They are DISGUSTING. I gag every time I take them. Luckily I found one that I only have to suck down once a day.

We've heard the heartbeat now which is pretty cool I gotta say and proof that I'm not just getting fat! In the next few weeks I should be able to feel the baby moving which I'm very excited about and a few weeks after that we'll find out if its a lady or a gent. That will be part of a big ole anatomy scan where we'll get to look inside and watch it move around and getting bigger. Just thinking about it makes me happy. 

No comments: