Monday, November 2, 2009

item i need for thanksgiving

This weekend the in-laws came to visit including the brother/sister in-law & niece. In honor of the occasion I made breakfast for everyone which I LOVE doing because I LOVE breakfast. It's my favorite meal. If I had to do it over again, I'd have Matt & I get married in the morning so we could all have breakfast foods. An omelette bar, baked goods, fresh squeezed oj, coffee, mmmm...

 I made blueberry coffee cake muffins (see below) and potato basil frittata by Ina Garten (aka my guide the Barefoot Contessa). You can see the frittata below in the left corner. The frittata is basically eggs, potatoes, fresh basil, cheese cooked in an oven for an hour.

These muffins were easy to make and I had all the ingredients except blueberries and sour cream. Matt ate approximately 6 muffins by himself.
 
 I had leftover potatoes so I made Ina's mustard roasted red potatoes for dinner on Sunday and spent about 10 minutes scrubbing the potatoes because it is made with the skin on and they were dirty. I highly regret not having purchased these suckers at Williams Sonoma a few weeks ago:


Potato scrubbing gloves. Genius. Must have before Thanksgiving.

No comments: