Tuesday, November 10, 2009

it's begining to look a lot like target

The only way I will make it through the holidays without spending money on ridiculous Christmas things like seasonal ziploc bags is if I altogether avoid TARGET and all FIVE Targets in my vicinity.

But maybe I will need seasonal Reynolds Wrap?
 
These would almost be worth the investment to have for every year, it's so pretty:
I freaking love this bare tree canvas and that tree candle tealight holder. I find it more winter than Christmas and I think I could live with the bare tree canvas year round in my office because the images of trees in all their various seasonal forms makes me happy.
I approve of the tree branch things and the advent calendar that's reusable:
The reindeer is almost identical to one I purchased earlier at TJ Maxx for like $6:
Another tree candle holder:

This may be the one big Christmas decoration purchase of the year. It's a sparkly wreath in nice, neutral colors and it has shiny beads. I like shiny and it fulfills my qualification that a wreath not be more than $20:

  Hmm.. seasonal doormat? Nah too much:
 
 Berry wreaths are also nice:
 
These giant colorful balls would be great party decorations and would be even better after Christmas when everything goes on sale:

Okay, these I am debating, I would like a nice christmas towel for the downstairs bathroom and saw some that were cuter than these and much more durable:

Confession: I don't like baking cookies. But I like that Target set up those that do. Maybe I can BUY coconut macaroons for Grandma Plank and stick them in a seasonal jar. I have been known to make the coconut macaroons but I would like to avoid things that require egg whites be at room temperature. Bastard eggs:

And finally, nutcrackers. So NOT into nutcrackers but this goes to show that Target is throwing out all the stops.

When I go back to the store (under Mr Fredrich supervision who will hold my credit cards away from me) to purchase the $20 wreath, I will photograph more Target Christmas stuff.

2 comments:

Ambre said...

Hey look, hey look, I successfully posted something! Your blog likes me again. =)

EvY said...

I am glad you two have been reunited.

The kids at that blog I like also did a Target Christmas shopping post that I swear I didn't know they were going to do before I planned on doing it: http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/11/window-shopping-its-target-time/

I guess nothing says Christmas quite like Target...