Found these tips for small living. Thought I'd pass them along.
1. Add shelves above doorways.
2. Banish room-darkening shadows with additional light fixtures.
3. Put glass shelves across deep-set windows.
4. Use a chest or an ottoman with storage inside as a coffee table.
5. Put low bookcases along a sofa back: they'll double as a sofa table.
6. Keep the flooring throughout a small space the same for visual continuity.
7. Line a room with a shelf high up on the wall.
8. Keep window treatments simple.