Saturday, April 17, 2010

elements of a master bedroom

I am going through my inspiration files for the master bedroom and I see trends emerging, things I keep adding to the file because I like them, so I've narrowed it down to these elements. I'm grouping the images by elements but some images contain multiple things I like, you'll see repeating concepts.

1) Upholstered Headboard. Matt and I read in bed and having a soft something behind us while sitting up to read would be very nice and functional.
 2) White nightstand with one drawer and one open shelf. I know, it's kind of specific.
 3) Stripes. On walls, on bedding, on floors.
3) Some sort of fluffy armchair. To read in or lounge in.
4) Mirrored elements. This I have already. Mirrored lamps and mirrored boxes.
5) Matching lamps. They have to be the same on both sides because my side and Matt's side are different so I wanna keep the lamps the same.
6) Bench at the foot of the bed. I don't know why! Bench obsession.
 7) Giant artwork over the bed.
 8) Bookcases in the bedroom.
9) Beautiful overhead lighting.
10) Grey walls. In my bedroom now and in the future forever and ever amen.
11) Oh what the hell a girl can dream. A fireplace in the bedroom.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i totally want a pattern on one of my walls... love the greenish with white flowers in pic number 3... think i would get sick of it too quickly?