Monday, April 19, 2010

prest-o change-o

Through the magic of modern science our teenage son was transformed into a teenage daughter. Either that or we made him turn tranny. I'll just say that with my family coming into town and spring on my mind, the room that was once boyish, is now girlish in color.
White curtains? Indigo curtains? Turquoise curtains? Greenish curtains? Anything other than those curtains, they sort of fit before now they are too agh!

I climbed to the top of the garage shelf and swapped out the crates from black to white. They looked terrible when there were black crates underneath, not no more though.
That little picture I found online really made me change the whole room. It was all it's fault.
For our guests. Cutesy nail files from the $1 at Target.
The bedding was $40 at Target. I'm not wild about the material but the pattern's okay. The reason I chose it was because it was a complete bed set: comforter, fitted sheet, flat sheet, 2 shams, 2 pillowcases, and a bedskirt. I ain't got time to think or spend money on a guest room, make me a matching set and I'll buy it, thanks.
Aren't the striped sheets pretty? They actually fit the full sized bed, the ones before were for a queen.
Where does one buy those bed frame things that raise the bed off the floor? I need the skirt to not drag like that.
And obviously I need to paint those side tables now. I'm thinking green or indigo or any color that appears on the bedding but not turquoise.
I am loaning this room the peonys from my office since my office has a nice view I'll show you later.

1 comment:

the hickles said...

bed risers found at......
http://www.target.com/s/188-2279045-3729402?_encoding=UTF8&CPNG=Sports&LID=63407658&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=bed_riser&ref=tgt%5Fadv%5FXSGO0775&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&AFID=google&searchPage=1&LNM=bed%5Friser