Friday, April 16, 2010

stupid

Thursday I did something stupid. Matt and I purchased new 500GB internal hard drives for our computers which is great, more space and in preparation for that, we had to back up our information from our computers onto our external hard drives. I thought I was careful, I thought I went step by step and backed everything up, well it was all there until I realized that when I copied over my iTunes library, I copied a folder named TV Shows that held four recently purchased Sex & the City episodes and replaced that unintentionally and boneheadedly with another folder named TV Shows which held A LOT of Sex & the City episodes and the entire third season of Mad Men. Gone. A bunch of purchased episodes gone. Luckily I'd backed up a few episodes onto a DVD and backed up my iTunes library a bit ago and restored some episodes but there's about 15 or so, plus the entire third season of Mad Men that went bye bye.

So now, it's 1:32am and I am transferring the stuff I want from my external hard drive onto my laptop and setting it up back to how I'm used to it. Since I got a new drive AND a new operating system it meant that basically my computer is as if it's brand new which after three years of my adding applications, setting preferences, and all that, I have to start all over again. I know it's something that was bound to happen and it's a good thing to have a new operating system and bigger hard drive but it's just starting from scratch and it's a bit time consuming. Ah well, it could have been worse.

No comments: