Tuesday, February 1, 2011

business expense

In clear violation of my spending freeze I went to TJ Maxx to find luggage for my upcoming work related travel. I bought one carry on size and one check sized. I really only needed one but figured I may as well get them both. My plan is to put both my clothes and the scanner/whatever other work stuff I'll need in the big bag and just have one item to check but I'm bringing the smaller one with me to work in case I have to take more than I was planning on taking. Hopefully it will just be one bag 'cause I'm traveling late and by myself and have to shuttle from parking lot to airport and then from airport to shuttle to hotel. That's a lot of schlepping.
I wanted something with a pattern that was of some brand and not just generic. Last time I did that the bastard zipper broke on my rolling duffle. I went for these London Fog guys which I hear is a quality brand but what do I know? What brand of luggage do you guys have? Do you like them?
It's got a herringbone-ish pattern so that makes me happy. And they have four wheels for ease of schlep.
I'm planning on writing them off on next year's taxes because they're work related and not just for an upcoming Seattle trip a nice couple I know is making.